Have a common dump file format that uses key/value pairs of the form:
Chose not to have full paths start with a leading ‘/’, so that you end up with oddities like:
I figured I’d take a look at Bazaar again, since they’ve made so many performance improvements. So, as a starting point, I decided to see how well svn2bzr worked. So I ran it on a dump file of The Subversion Repository. After some other tweaks to the script, I managed to get to revision 26429 where it choked:
Classic sign of expecting a value to be there, only to find out it’s not. :-( Turns out the empty Node-path is technically correct, since it was the root of the repository that was modified. It got there because a merge ticket was written as a property of the root directory by SVK in r26429. However, we really should have included a leading slash in the node paths to prevent having an “empty” value. I guess hind-sight is always 20/20.